Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Lawyers in Perth You Can Rely On
Frichot Floating 21

Making a claim for personal injury? Don't get overwhelmed - get what you deserve!

Motor vehicle accidents – workers’ compensation – public liability

If you’ve suffered a personal injury, it’s very important to obtain reliable and trusted legal advice. This is not only because the compensation process can be complex and overwhelming, but also to ensure you’ve done everything legally possible to claim your maximum entitlement.

At Frichot Lawyers, our highly experienced personal injury lawyers will expertly assess your case, advise on the best course of action in your circumstances, and take care of every aspect of your compensation claim.

So, if you’ve been injured in a motor vehicle accident or at work, have suffered loss as a consequence of a criminal offence, been subjected to institutional or sexual abuse, or are unable to work because of permanent impairment, you can trust Frichot Lawyers to work with you to achieve the best possible outcome.

Suffered a personal injury? Call to book an appointment with a lawyer today.

Some personal injury matters we can assist you with

Workers’ Compensation

Workers’ Compensation

Unfortunately, work injuries can occur even in the safest of workplaces, and when they do, the consequences can be immense, in many cases resulting in ongoing financial, physical and emotional hardship.

When you find yourself in this situation, managing the complex and often lengthy process of seeking compensation, including dealing with your employer and their insurer, keeping medical and other appointments, and negotiating red tape, can be simply too hard.

But don’t worry. With Frichot Lawyers, our expert personal injury lawyers will lift the burden off your shoulders so you can concentrate on the most important thing – your health and wellbeing.

Suffered a workplace injury? Call Frichot Lawyers today to find out the full range of options available to you.

We will provide you with practical and straight-forward legal advice, draft your documents, obtain materials and documentation required as evidence, and correspond and negotiate with your employer’s insurer, ensuring you obtain the maximum entitlement available to you. This can include weekly payments for lost wages, reasonable medical and other health treatment expenses, rehabilitation costs, travel and other expenses. In certain circumstances you may also be entitled to enter into a settlement which can include a lump sum compensation for incapacity or weekly payments.

If you have sustained a permanent impairment that prevents you from returning to work, you may also be eligible to bring a common law claim for damages. This lump sum payment will finalise your workers’ compensation claim, so it’s important to get it right from the outset with the expertise of an experienced workers’ compensation lawyer.

Injured at work? Call us now to find out where you stand

I hurt myself at work – am I covered?

In Western Australia, the Workers’ Compensation and Injury Management Act 1981 requires employers to obtain workers compensation insurance to cover employees should they suffer a work-related injury, accident or illness.

Under the Act, the term ‘worker’ is widely defined and in some circumstances can include not only employees, but also contractors and sub-contractors. So, even if you are not a direct employee, you may still be considered as such for workers’ compensation purposes and may have the right to make a claim if you are injured.
Call us today to see how we can help you

Motor Vehicle Accidents

Motor Vehicle Accidents

Since 1943, vehicle owners in Western Australia have contributed an annual fee towards a public indemnity scheme called Compulsory Third Party insurance. The Insurance Commission of Western Australia (ICWA) is the state’s compulsory third party insurer and will assess your claim if you are injured on the road. You may be compensated if it accepts liability for the accident.

It’s possible to make a claim for compensation whether you were a driver, passenger, pedestrian, cyclist, or motorcyclist. You may even be entitled to compensation in circumstances where the accident was deemed as your fault, either wholly or partly.

Been in a road accident? Call now to see how we can help

At Frichot Lawyers, we will take the time to fully understand the details of your accident, provide you with quality legal advice on your potential compensation options, and prepare and submit your application. If ICWA accepts liability, you will be eligible to receive interim payments for a range of medical and related expenses, including ambulance transport, medical services, medical imaging, medication, medical aids, rehabilitation, domestic assistance, travel, home modifications and more.

If you have suffered injuries that impact your ability to work, and you are able to identify another party at fault, you may also be entitled to claim for economic loss, or pain and suffering. If you are successful in this claim, an upper maximum threshold applies, and the full amount will be paid upon settlement of your claim.

Our team of highly experienced motor vehicle accident lawyers will provide clear advice on the process, as well as any other materials or evidence you will need to substantiate your claim and maximise your settlement.

If you have already received an offer from ICWA but are disappointed with the amount, we can assess your claim, together with the terms of the offer, provide you with advice on your prospects, and negotiate with ICWA for a higher sum.

At Frichot Lawyers, we are also highly experienced in working with the families of people who have been fatally injured in a motor vehicle accident. If this has happened to you, we provide compassionate, first-rate legal advice and representation, so you can obtain the compensation you deserve.

If you have been injured on the roads, call us to find out how we can help

Criminal Injuries Compensation

Criminal Injuries Compensation

If you have been injured, or experienced psychological trauma as a result of a criminal offence committed in Western Australia, you may be eligible for compensation. Financial assistance for victims of crime can include compensation for pain suffered, loss of income, past and future medical treatment, medication and travel costs.

As a victim of crime, it is important to obtain quality legal advice as quickly as possible, because strict limitation periods do apply. If you leave it too long and find yourself outside of the limitation period, there are only very narrow circumstances in which you may still be eligible to pursue a claim.

The average period of time for resolving claims is at present 18 months, and in some cases, it can take even longer. In these circumstances, it is crucial to speak to an experienced criminal injuries compensation lawyer, so that you can be confident you will receive the amount you deserve first time around, and avoid complicated, drawn out and unnecessary appeals.

At Frichot Lawyers, we expertly assess, prepare and lodge your claim, ensuring you achieve the highest level of compensation you are entitled to, in the shortest possible timeframe, with the least possible stress.

Have you been a victim of crime in Western Australia? Call us to discuss your options today

Public Liability

Public Liability

If you have been injured in a public place you may be entitled to compensation, if you can prove your injury occurred as a result of the negligence of another party.

The circumstances in which a public liability claim can be made are broad, and include dog bites, slips, trips, falls, and sporting injuries, as well as accidents in shopping centres, parks, leisure centres, rental premises, schools and more.

Suffered an injury in a public place? Call us today to find out if you can claim

Meet our Perth Personal Injury Lawyers

Frichot Floating 23