Be in the know with insights from Frichot Lawyers
Frichot Floating 21
CriminalMay 20, 2015

Infringement notices for minor offences under the Criminal Code

From 4 March 2015 it will be possible for police to issue infringement notices instead of prosecution notices for some minor offences under the Criminal Code.

Infringement notices will provide for payment of a fine but paying the fine within time will not result in a criminal record.

The infringement notice procedure will apply to offences of disorderly conduct and stealing where the value of the things stolen is not more than $500.

If the infringement notice is not paid, it will be taken over and enforced by the Fines Enforcement Registry .

If a person who receives the infringement notice elects to take the matter to court, it will proceed in the normal way by way of a prosecution notice which is dealt with in court.

Please call us on (08) 9335 9877 or complete the form below to request an Introductory Consultation.


Frichot Lawyers